Friday, June 15, 2018

Being Furloughed then Terminated Sucks

On March 19th I was pulled in the bosses office with the news that I was being furloughed for two weeks because there was no work for me to do. The whole sales staff was placed on furlough because we had lost our investors, and there was no money to be had to buy supplies to sell to our customers. The hope was that they would get new investors soon, but until then they could not pay me. I was allowed to burn all the vacation I had left, which was a week and some change, and waited. Two weeks later, two more weeks. Two weeks later, another month. Blah Blah Blah. Fast-forward to May 31st I was officially terminated, and the company was selling off in pieces. After 11+ years of work, no severance package. Life definitely took a turn in a very weird direction.

Here are the results of my "fun" unemployment:

 I had just started a fun relationship about a month before I was furloughed. Both of our worlds exploded on the same week. I was looking for work and he was fixing his life. The whole thing took it's toll on the relationship and what started to be an amazing relationship slowly died to random texts a day, to nothing. Bad timing; or excellent timing. I will never know.

I have gained about 10lbs. You would be surprised how much you move during the average work day. I have become stale in my movement considering my office has gone from a huge warehouse to my tiny 924 sqft condo. Also, having all of my food less then 5ft from my new office desk, does not help. 

The cats are my new co-workers and they are tired of me being home. Before they could get away with climbing all over the kitchen and the table, bullying each other, and dragging my stuff all over the condo. Now all they here is me yelling at them to, "Get off!", "Drop that!", " Do not harass your brother while he is trying to use the liter box!". The plus side, my new co-workers are super cute and cuddly.

Tons more time to play video games and I have become an addict. It was so bad, my Mom suggested that if I am going to be up til 2am in the morning, maybe you could babysit your friends baby(he was just born on March 5th) while they slept. So, I took my Xbox 360 to their house and played video games while the baby slept. It got to the point where I figured out how to hold the baby and the controller at the same time. Eventually the Dad and roommate would stay up with me and we now have Halo nights. 

Minecraft has become an obsession. Seriously, how have I never played this game before? So much to explore, so much to mine, and so much to decorate!!! Currently removing the desert in front of my house. It's not going well with my vision.

I had created a list of things to do around the house back in March, and have plans to eventually do them. Being organized was one of them... All the items in my inventory on Minecraft are organized. Does that count?



No comments:

Journal With Me 9/19/20

  Journal - Santa Gave it to Me :) Wood Background  Background Paper: Craft Smart, Cedar Lodge Paper Pad, Michaels Fiskars Paper-cutter: JOA...