Monday, October 25, 2010

Blogging Day 68: DIY: Turning a Pendant into a Stylish Ring

I ran over to the thrift store and got the following things:

I love a good thrift store hunt! I was actually looking for buttons, my supply is running a bit low. As always I found many  cool items, just not the buttons I was looking for. I spent a total of $10.53.

I saw the rose pendant and thought what a cool ring this would make! SO... here we go!

First you will need the following:


Crafting Glue- I use Amazing Goop craft glue instead of super glue because it is super strong. Use in ventilated area.
Rhinestone Picker-Upper-  I do not know what the official name of it is.
Pin/Pendant- I choose the rose, but any decorative pin will do. It is your choice, you have the power! Enjoy the power! I know I do!
Adjustable Ring with platform- I choose the thicker band because I think it adds a little bit of elegance.
Jewelry Cutter- Again, not sure what the proper name is.
Rhinestones- I am using clear, plain ones. Again, you are going to wear the ring, so pick the color that looks good on your ring. Or, you can totally skip this part. Your pendant may already be perfect enough.

All of the items, except the pendant, I bought at Michaels and can be found at any craft store.


First: Remove the Backing of Your Pendant:
Use the cutters to grab a hold and remove the backing. I did not have a problem, it depends on your pendant on what will happen. Some metal ones are screwed/welded so you might have to cut off the backing.
After taking the picture I notice one of the leaves was broken, so go ahead and use your cutters to remove it too.

Second: Glue the pendant onto the ring.
On the directions for the glue it says to put glue on both items you are gluing together. I used to much, so I just grabbed a scrap piece of paper to scrap it off.

Last: Time to glue the rhinestones to the pendant:

I squirted out some glue on the scrap piece of paper and using the rhinestone picker-upper, I picked up a rhinestone. Then I dabbed it into the glue and placed it on the pendant. At first I placed one on each petal like the above, but I didn't like the look,  so I decided to just do rhinestones on the five lower petals like the piture below:

Sometimes less is more
I wore this to work today and got tons of compliments.
Oh, and for all my Zombie readers, no lusting over my sausage fingers! They are mine, and no I will not let you taste them!

I don't know about you, but I hate it when Zombies cross those personal boundary lines. Very awkward for all parties,

All done! That was simple and super cheap! If I turn any more pendants into rings, I will post pictures in my other DIYs.

Have fun! Remember: Be creative, Be Imaginative and Make it your own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's not a pendant, it's a brooch!

Journal With Me 9/19/20

  Journal - Santa Gave it to Me :) Wood Background  Background Paper: Craft Smart, Cedar Lodge Paper Pad, Michaels Fiskars Paper-cutter: JOA...