Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blogging Day 111: Polyvore Creations

As, I am sure that you noticed I changed my title picture this weekend. I ended up using polyvore to create the picture because, after searching and searching I could not find a pre-made title that I liked. Tired of looking around and finding nothing, I decided to create my own.

It is basically a collage of everything I enjoy. The red dragon, is the Dragon Age: Origins logo of sorts. Below that, is the cover of Pride and Prejudice. I am going to point out that the latest Pride and Prejudice movie with Keira Knightley was not my favorite, in fact after I was done watching it I was so mad. The end of the movie is suppose to be a double wedding, not a wedding night scene! My favorite is the one with Colin Firth(yummy). I'm worried what they will do to my absolutely favorite book, Jane Eyre. I have seen the trailer and it looks pretty good. My favorite version so far is the 1997 version.

Anyway, back to the picture, it has little cupcakes, which I enjoy making. Make-up, which I am fastly becoming a make-up whore. Sephora is my weakness! Along with Lancome, and MAC looks like it is becoming a contender. Oh, I can't forget Urban Decay! The flower is the best DIY representation I could find. It is not a complete representation of things I enjoy, but it has quite a few.







This picture is an entry for the Tory Burch Contest, which I believe ended earlier today. No matter though, there are three others to enter. The contest was for the resort collection. I loved this sequin top, I have a weakness for shiny things.




This was for the Michael Kors "Glam up Your Holiday" Contest. This contest is still currently going, and there are six days left to enter. You basically had to pick out two pieces from his holiday collection and show them off. Sometimes, all basic black needs is one color to stand out to finish an outfit. I have noticed that pins have come back in big  lately. A co-worker wears them all the time and they look amazing on her. I unfortunately, have yet perfected the art, but I hope to do so eventually.



The last contest that I entered is the 'What is on Your Wish List?" contest. You pick the items that you want on your wish list and then the winners are picked based on their descriptions.  This is what I had for my description:

The most annoying thing about Christmas shopping is that when you go shopping for other people, all you see are items for yourself. Alas, you cannot buy them because all your money is suppose to be going towards others. Unfortunately, all you can do is dream about that new DKNY leather jacket you see in Lane Byrant. You must remember to bring wipes next shopping trip, so you can wipe the drool off the case that holds the new Lancome holiday colors. The excuse, that it is winter time and those short boots that Torrid is selling would be perfect to keep your delicate princess toes warm and fashionable at the same time, just isn’t going to cut it. You must remind yourself that even though that the Tarina Tarantino heart necklace matches the color of your eyes, does not mean that you can’t see without it. Let’s not even begin to rationalize the fact that if you did buy that sewing machine, imagine what awesome DIY Fashion projects you could create as presents. Of course you know that lovely sequined Juicy Couture bag would satisfy you more than any man could, so if you did buy it, you could get rid of that pesky boyfriend and that would mean one less gift.
Yet, before passing by each item, you slowly count to ten, telling yourself that you are a strong warrior woman and can resist such temptation, and walk away. Hoping maybe someone out there loves you, because it certainly won’t be that pesky boyfriend, and we are not even going to begin to talk about what he got you last year. *hint, hint*

Granted, that is probably not what they were looking for, but I thought it was pretty funny. This contest I would definitely advise you to join and don't forget to give a good description. I found it fun to go searching the net for things I wanted and knew I probably wouldn't get, but dreamed that I could.

Check out all the contests @ polyvore.com.

5 Vegetables and Fruits a Day Situation:
I managed it very well. I knocked 3 servings with a huge salad I made consisting off: red onion, red and yellow pepper, cucumbers, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, carrots and mushrooms. I added in a bit of light ranch dressing. I cut up the a lot of the vegetables that way it would be easier to make the salads the night before, but we ate a lot of them for dinner and that is when I knocked out the other two serving. My brother cooked steamed brussel sprouts and I snacked on cucumbers. Do I feel any different? No, not really because I had some other stuff I should not be eating and eating is not like mathematics. An equal positive and negative do not equal out to zero. Even though you wish it could.

<3 Zerila

No comments:

Journal With Me 9/19/20

  Journal - Santa Gave it to Me :) Wood Background  Background Paper: Craft Smart, Cedar Lodge Paper Pad, Michaels Fiskars Paper-cutter: JOA...